ACP refers to the Affordable Connectivity Program. It is a newly launched program managed by the FCC benefit program that bridges the digital gap. ACP Program internet offer discounts on a broadband connection that help low-income households afford the wireless services they require for school, business, work, healthcare, and more. Qualification is based on an annual income level that meets the federal poverty guidelines. Besides, you can also qualify for ACP benefits if you participate in a government-aided program.
Several internet providers, including those providing landline and wireless internet service, participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program. To apply for ACP internet through a wireless provider, find a participating internet provider that offers the benefit in your state or territory. You’ll have to submit two types of documentation during the ACP internet application process. You need proof of identity and eligibility based on either program participation or income level.
Moreover, the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) is limited to a single monthly service discount and one device discount in every household. You can apply for ACP internet through various providers participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can proceed to the ACP provider’s website and search for your favorite internet service providers providing the benefit in your state or territory. You must also have supporting documents that prove eligibility while applying for an ACP internet discount.
Qualifications For ACP Program Internet
Only eligible households can apply for ACP. You qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program internet if your household income is at or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Also, a household member who meets at least one of the criteria below is eligible:
- A recipient of a Federal Pell Grant in the present award year;
- Attains the eligibility criteria for a participating wireless provider’s existing low-income internet program;
- A participant in one of these government assistance programs:
- School Breakfast Program, or Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program, via US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
- Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811
- Public Housing
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline;
- A participant in one of these assistance programs and resides on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income based)
Apply For an Affordable Connectivity Program For the Internet
Different methods exist when applying for an ACP internet offer. First, you can apply directly through AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application. Another way is to contact your preferred participating provider to choose a plan and have the internet discount credited to your bill.
Some providers may feature an alternative application process they will request you complete. If you currently have home internet, many providers will assist you in enrolling in this program. You can contact your provider and receive your benefit on your monthly bill.
On the other hand, if you currently don’t have home internet, you can apply online, through the Mail, or through a participating wireless provider.
- Online. The online application method is easy to complete and takes a few minutes. Click on Apply Today on the ACP website to get started.
- By Phone. You can speak to an ACP coordinator to sign up by calling 1-844-516-0994
- By Mail. You can print and fill out the application. Then mail the filled application with proof of eligibility to:
Affordable Connectivity Program Support Center
PO BOX 7081
London, KY 40742
Best Internet Providers Through ACP Program (5 Providers)
1. Easy Wireless
Easy Wireless is a Lifeline and a proud ACP provider that offer free and fast internet speeds to eligible customers. Both the two internet plans feature free unlimited talk and text. The other plan features a free smartphone plus 5 GB of free data, and the other includes an unlimited data plan. The following are the available plans with EASY Wireless when you attain eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Plan:
Free Smartphone Plan
- Free smartphone
- Free monthly talk and text
- Free monthly 5 GB of data
Free Unlimited Data Plan
- Free unlimited data
- Free unlimited talk and text
- Keep your own phone & number
- Free sim card
Additional services included in all plans include:
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- 3 Way Calling
- Text and Picture Messaging
- Free 911 Emergency Services
- Free 411 Directory Assistance
- Free 611 Customer Care Support
2. SafeLink Wireless
Safelink Wireless is a national Lifeline and ACP provider owned by Tracfone. This company provides impressive internet benefits to millions of low-income customers. At SafeLink, eligible low-income customers can receive free cell phone service featuring:
- Unlimited text, talk, and calls to Canada and Mexico
- 25 GB of high-speed data
- 5 GB of hotspot data
- A free government smartphone.
Additional SafeLink Wireless Services include:
- Free Monthly Minutes
- Free Data for Internet Usage
- Voicemail/Caller ID/3-way calling/ Call waiting (depends on the phone specifications)
- 411 Directory Assistance at No Additional Cost
- Nationwide Coverage on America’s Best Networks
- 911 Access
- A device is active for one year upon shipment.
- 611 Free calls to Customer Care
3. Q Link Wireless
Qlink Wireless is a well-known Lifeline and ACP provider offering millions of Americans free wireless service every month. Through this program, Q Link Wireless offers free talk and text plus data to eligible Americans, helping them connect to the world.
Q Link provides unlimited text, 1,000 minutes of talk, and 4.5 GB of data for eligible Lifeline customers. When you combine your Lifeline and ACP Benefits, you can get up to $40 in Savings.
ACP Internet Plan Includes:
- 10 GB of 5G/4G LTE High-Speed Data
- Unlimited Additional Data
- Unlimited Talk and Text
- Nationwide Coverage
- A free phone
4. Stand Up Wireless
StandUp Wireless is a Lifeline and ACP provider offering eligible low-income customers free or discounted internet services for over 35 years. Under the StandUp Wireless program, you get a free SIM card with at least 1,000 minutes, unlimited texting, and 4.5GB of free data every month.
The lowest StandUp Wireless ACP internet plan includes unlimited text and talk, plus data with 5 GB of High-Speed Data.
Besides, all internet plans feature these great benefits:
- High-Speed Data- 5G/4GLTE
- Additional Data
- Unlimited Talk and Text
- Nationwide Coverage
5. Life Wireless
Life Wireless offers free cell phone service through Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program, plus free government phones. Eligible low-income households can apply for free cell phones and receive additional free data upon qualifying for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Besides, Life Wireless offers access to reliable 5G (where available) and 4G LTE coverage nationwide.
The standard Life Wireless ACP internet plan features 15 GB of 4G/LTE data plus Unlimited Talk and Text per month.
Benefits Of the ACP Program
ACPeligble customers across the 50 states can get free internet services or discounted rates. Besides, you can also get a free government smartphone or tablet if you combine your Lifeline and ACP benefits. When qualifying customers enroll in ACP with a participating provider, they typically get data, text, and minutes as part of the ACP internet program.
Most importantly, the benefit offers a discount of up to $30 per month on internet service for eligible households. Plus, up to $75 monthly internet discount for households on eligible Tribal lands.
Further, eligible households can get a free government phone or a one-time device discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet, laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. In this case, eligible customers must pay between $10 to $50, depending on the device type and the provider, to get this discount.
ACP is a newly started program by the Federal Government that helps low-income families access free telecommunication services. Eligible applicants receive free monthly internet discounts featuring texts, talks, and data plans. Also, you may obtain additional offers, including a free or discounted government smartphone or tablet, from some wireless providers.