The ASUS VivoBook 15 is a solid budget laptop. It’s lightweight and portable, making it perfect for students and people on the go. The keyboard is comfortable to type on, and the port selection is generous. You can also upgrade the RAM and SSD if you need more power.
The VivoBook 15 has a lot going for it, but its battery life, speakers, and SSD could be better. Overall, it’s a good option for basic tasks, but power users and people who need all-day battery life should look elsewhere. Let’s take a closer look at the VivoBook 15’s features, performance, and quirks to help you decide if it’s right for you.
ASUS VivoBook 15 Specification
The VivoBook 15 has a 15.6-inch display, an Intel Core i3-8145U processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB hard drive. It’s priced between $450 and $500. Let’s break down its key specs and see if it has the power for your quests:
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home in S mode (upgradable to Windows 11)
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 (2 cores, 4 threads, up to 3.4GHz)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Storage: 128GB M.2 SATA SSD
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) non-touch, matte finish
- Ports: USB-C 3.1, 2x USB-A 2.0, USB-A 3.1, HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack, microSD card reader
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 4.1
- Camera: 720p front-facing
- Battery: 32Wh
- Dimensions: 14.06 x 9.06 x 0.78 inches (357mm x 230mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6kg)
- Color: Slate Grey
The VivoBook 15 is a solid choice for anyone looking for an affordable laptop that can handle everyday tasks. It has a Core i3 processor and 8GB of RAM, which is enough for browsing the web, word processing, and even some light video editing. The FHD display is clear and comfortable to view, and the generous port selection means you can connect all your essential peripherals.
Asus Vivobook 15 Design and Build Quality
The Asus Vivobook 15 is a slim and lightweight laptop with a modern design. It features a 15.6-inch display with thin bezels, which gives it a stylish and compact look. The laptop is made of sturdy materials, including aluminum and plastic, and it has a good port selection, including two USB-A ports, one USB-C port, an HDMI port, and a headphone jack.
The Asus Vivobook 15 is powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM, which provides enough power for everyday tasks such as web browsing, document editing, and light gaming. The laptop also has a 256GB SSD, which provides ample storage space for your files.
The Asus Vivobook 15 has a backlit keyboard, which is great for working in low-light conditions. The touchpad is also large and responsive. The laptop’s speakers are decent, but they can get a little loud at higher volumes.
Asus Vivobook 15 Display and Multimedia
The Asus Vivobook 15 has a 15.6-inch LED-backlit IPS display with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The display is bright and has good color accuracy, making it suitable for creative work and watching movies. The speakers are decent and Dolby Atmos support is available, providing a more immersive audio experience.
The Asus Vivobook 15 has a backlit keyboard and a fingerprint scanner. The keyboard is comfortable to type on and the fingerprint scanner is a convenient way to log in to the laptop. The laptop also has a number of ports, including two USB-A ports, one USB-C port, an HDMI port, and a headphone jack.
Asus Vivobook 15 Performance and Hardware
The Asus Vivobook 15 is a powerful and versatile laptop that is ideal for a variety of tasks, including gaming, graphics design, and video editing. It is powered by an 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, which provides plenty of power for even the most demanding tasks. The Vivobook 15 also has up to 16GB of RAM and up to 1TB of storage, so you can easily multitask and store all of your files.
The Asus Vivobook 15 has a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card that is ideal for gaming or graphics-intensive tasks. The graphics card can handle even the most demanding games and graphics-intensive applications. The Vivobook 15 also has a comfortable keyboard and touchpad, making it easy to use for long periods of time.
Asus Vivobook 15 Battery Life and Portability
The Asus Vivobook 15 is a lightweight and portable laptop that is perfect for travel or on-the-go use. It has a battery life of up to 8 hours, weighs just 3.5 pounds, and is only 0.7 inches thick. This makes it easy to carry around all day long, even if you’re constantly on the move.
The Vivobook 15 also has a number of features that make it ideal for travel. It has a backlit keyboard so you can type comfortably in low-light conditions, and a fingerprint scanner for added security. It also comes with a variety of ports, including USB-C, HDMI, and a headphone jack, so you can easily connect to your devices.
What I Like about Feature of ASUS Vivobook 15
The ASUS VivoBook 15 is more than just its price tag and technical specifications. It is a budget warrior with hidden gems that will pleasantly surprise you on your digital conquests.
- Lightweight : This laptop is surprisingly light, weighing only 3.5 pounds. You won’t even notice you’re carrying it around.
- Port Party : This laptop has a ton of ports, so you don’t have to worry about carrying around a dongle. You’ll have everything you need, from USB-C to HDMI to microSD.
- Taming the Typing : The keyboard is surprisingly good for a budget laptop. The keys have plenty of travel and a satisfyingly springy feel. The backlight is also helpful for working in low-light conditions.
- Display : The display is decent for everyday tasks. The matte finish helps to reduce glare, and the brightness is good enough for indoor use.
- Fingertip : The fingerprint reader is a handy feature. It allows you to log in to Windows Hello with a simple touch.
- Camera Clarity : The camera is surprisingly good for a budget laptop. You’ll look sharp and presentable even during those early morning meetings.
- Upgrade : This laptop is upgradeable. You can add more RAM or a faster SSD. You can even add a 2.5-inch HDD or SSD for extra storage.
VivoBook 15 vs. the Competition
Let’s see how the VivoBook 15 fares against two other budget battle-axes: the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15 and the Acer Aspire 5.
VivoBook 15 vs. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15
- Strengths: The VivoBook is lighter and has a better port selection (including USB-C) than the IdeaPad. It also has a fingerprint reader for added security.
- Weaknesses: The IdeaPad has longer battery life (up to 8 hours), making it a better choice for unplugged warriors. It also has a larger starting SSD capacity of 256GB.
VivoBook 15 vs. Acer Aspire 5
- Strengths: The VivoBook has a brighter screen and a more comfortable keyboard with a number pad. You can also upgrade the RAM and SSD in the future.
- Weaknesses: The Aspire 5 has slightly better performance thanks to its AMD Ryzen processor and faster M.2 PCIe SSD. It also offers a wider range of configurations to suit your needs. However, its battery life isn’t much better than the VivoBook’s, and it has fewer ports.
Choosing Your laptop:
So, which budget laptop is the best? It depends on your priorities!
- VivoBook 15: Ideal for people who want a portable, connected, and upgradable laptop. Good for everyday tasks, but keep a charger handy and don’t expect booming speakers or marathon battery life.
- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15: Perfect for people who want long battery life and lots of storage. However, the weight and port selection might be a drawback.
- Acer Aspire 5: Great for performance-minded people who prefer AMD power and customization options. Keep in mind that it’s a bit bulkier than the other two laptops and has average battery life.
Ultimately, the best budget laptop is the one that fits your specific needs and budget. Weigh the pros and cons of each laptop and choose the one that’s right for you!
So, who should buy the VivoBook 15?
The Asus Vivobook 15 is an affordable laptop with good performance and battery life. It is a good value for money compared to similar laptops in the market.
- Students and budget-conscious users: If you’re looking for a portable and affordable laptop for everyday tasks like browsing the web, writing papers, and light video editing, the VivoBook 15 is a great option.
- Multitaskers and digital nomads: You’ll appreciate the lightweight design, comfortable keyboard, and generous port selection. Just be sure to stay close to a power outlet.
- Tech-savvy tinkerers: The upgradeable RAM and SSD let you customize your performance and storage to your specific needs.
Asus VivoBook 15 Free Laptop Giveaway Contest
This Asus VivoBook 15 laptop has an easily accessible SODIMM RAM slot, so you can upgrade to 12GB of RAM.
The VivoBook 15 can handle lighter-weight titles like indie gems, older classics, or esports with less demanding graphics. It’s enough for casual gaming fun or even some basic video editing.
Yes! The HDMI port lets you expand your digital horizons to a bigger screen for presentations, movie nights, or simply multitasking bliss.
Yes, the laptop is a good choice for students. It is lightweight, has a comfortable keyboard, and can last through most lectures with some strategic charging. It also has a generous port selection and upgradeable RAM.