Assurance Wireless is one of the mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) that works on the T-Mobile network. T-Mobile is the leading provider of 5G network coverage. Customers eyeing faster internet connectivity need an Assurance Wireless 5G phone. 5G connectivity is the latest and fastest technological development in the network space. However, Assurance Wireless participates in Federal programs that offer eligible low-income families a free 5G phone.
The Assurance Wireless Lifeline government program is available to individuals who qualify following the federal or state-specific eligibility requirements. The general eligibility includes meeting a low-income threshold or participating in a government-aided program like Federal Housing. Besides Assurance Wireless 5G phones, eligible low-income families enjoy free unlimited texting, monthly data, and free monthly minutes. You must also produce proof to qualify for a free Assurance Wireless 5G phone.
Customers with a 5G Assurance Wireless compatible phone can use their current phone with the Assurance Wireless network through Bring Your Own Phone. In this case, you can know if your cell phone works with Assurance Wireless using the phone compatibility checker on the Assurance Wireless website. You must use your IMEI number to get information concerning your phone’s network technology. Dial *#06# to obtain your IMEI number.
Assurance Wireless 5G Phone through Lifeline
Enrollment for a free Assurance Wireless 5G phone through Lifeline is available to individuals qualifying through the federal or state-specific eligibility requirements. First, following program participation, you may qualify if you or a household member participate in one of the below assistance programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Food Stamps or SNAP/CalFresh
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Supplemental Security Income
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
You can also become eligible if your household income is 135% or less in the Federal Poverty Regulations.
What Does Assurance Wireless Lifeline Offer
If eligible for Assurance Wireless’s free Lifeline service, customers can receive the following:
- A minimum of 4.5GB of free data monthly
- Unlimited free texts monthly
- A minimum of 1000 free voice minutes monthly
- Free Android smartphone
- Free Voicemail Account, Caller ID, and Caller Waiting
- Free 911 Access, Unlimited Calls to 211, and Calls to Customer Care
- A chance to Keep Your Current Home or Cell PhoneNumber
How to Apply For Assurance Wireless 5G Phones
Confirm if Assurance Wireless offers Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) service in your state by entering your ZIP Code. If Lifeline or ACP is available in your state, you can submit an online application for Assurance Wireless free 5G phone or Call Customer Representative at 1-888-898-4888.
For online application:
- Navigate to the carrier’s official webpage on “assurancewireless.com”
- Enter your ZIP code for redirection to a Lifeline or ACP program enrollment page.
- Tap on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button to launch the online application form. In this form, provide all the necessary details and attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Preview your application and then submit it.
- Once you submit your application, await a response within a few days.
Assurance Wireless 5G iPhones
Apple iPhone 13
Apple iPhone SE
Apple iPhone X
Apple iPhone 7
Apple iPhone XR
Apple iPhone 7 Plus
Apple iPhone 6S
Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Apple iPhone 12
5G Phones That Compatible with Assurance Wireless
The following are the 5 G-compatible phones that can work with Assurance Wireless:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Samsung Galaxy S22
Samsung Galaxy S22+
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Samsung Galaxy A13 5G
Apple iPhone 13
T-Mobile REVVL 6 PRO 5G
Google Pixel 6a
OnePlus 10 Pro 5G
Motorola One 5G ace
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Samsung Phones Compatible with Assurance Wireless
Samsung Galaxy S22
Samsung Galaxy S22+
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
Samsung J3 Achieve
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE5G
How to Upgrade Assurance Wireless 5G Phone
If you wish to upgrade your Assurance Wireless phone, the following are the instructions:
- Navigate to Assurance Wireless’s official website.
- Sign in using your details, ID, and password.
- Then, open ‘My Account’ and search for options with Update or Upgrade.
- Next, tap on this option and follow the on-screen prompts to have your Assurance Wireless 5G phone upgraded.
Alternatively, you can look for all the upgrade options featured on their website at the shop.assurancewireless.com or contact a customer support team at 888-321-5880.
How Do I Unlock Assurance Wireless 5G Device
First, ensure your Assurance Wireless device is eligible for unlocking following the below requirements:
- The phone must be offered by Assurance Wireless
- The phone has been active for at least 12 months
- The phone has not been reported as lost or stolen or flagged as ineligible for unlocking
Immediately a cell phone becomes eligible for unlocking, Assurance Wireless will automatically and remotely unlock your phone within two business days for devices that support remote unlock. For devices that cannot be remotely unlocked by Assurance Wireless, you will get a notification to the device after two business days of being eligible, with a guide to complete the unlock process.
Activation Of Your Assurance Wireless Phone
Customers qualifying for the bring your own phone process with an Assurance Wireless 5G compatible phone need to activate their device on the network. Besides, the activation process is straightforward and can get done in two ways, by phone or online.
- By Phone Activation
When activating your Assurance Wireless 5G device by phone, you can call the customer representative at 1-888-321-5880 using your phone or any device. Then, follow the prompts to activate your Assurance Wireless phone.
- Online Activation
You can activate your Assurance Wireless 5G device online through the steps below:
- On the Assurance Wireless official website, log into your own account.
- Next, tap on the button “Activate SIM card.”
- Then, enter the IMEI number of your phone.
- Choose the model of your phone.
- Provide your contact number and shipping details, and finish the activation process.
- After activation, you will receive a text message welcoming you to the Assurance Wireless network.
Assurance Wireless is a telecommunication provider that offers free phone and internet service to eligible low-income families. The Company offers basic phones to customers who meet the eligibility requirements under the free phone program. However, it is possible to always upgrade to any Assurance Wireless 5G phones highlighted in this guideline.