The original iPad was launched in 2010, and ever since, Apple has provided three iPad product lines, including iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad Pro. These devices are of high quality and have excellent specifications that make every person long to have such a device. However, the primary constraint to having this device is the high buying cost. The U.S. Federal Government, in partnership with services providers, provides a free iPad for low-income families who meet the eligibility requirement put in place.
For those wondering what this device is, an iPad is a just touchscreen tablet P.C. designed and made by Apple. These devices have helpful features that help low-income families interact with the modern telecommunication world. Seniors and the disabled can make use of accessibility features that suits their daily lifestyle. You can get a free iPad from the government if you live at or below the poverty line or participate in government programs like WIC, SSI, Medicaid, etc.
Through the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP), eligible Americans residing in suburban or urban areas and those with low incomes benefit can apply for a free iPad from the government. The Federal Government program offers free devices and monthly broadband services through this program to eligible consumers during these tough economic times. You can apply for a free iPad through many government programs, from government grants to charitable organizations and NGO’s initiatives designed to help low-income families bridge the digital gap.
Best Ways To Get Free iPad For Low-Income Families 2023
It’s rare news to find a way you can get a free iPad for low-income families. Fortunately, there are legit programs you can apply and benefit from with a free iPad. The most current way low-income families in America can get a free iPad is through the ACP, government grants, or non-profit organizations.
Moreover, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new managed project by the Federal Communication Commission that offers eligible households a discount on broadband service and connected devices like iPads, tablets, and laptops. An iPad costs hundreds of dollars, but you can get one if you are eligible for this program.
In this case, the Federal Government, through ACP, offers a discount of $100 towards the buying cost. Eligible low-income households must contribute around $10.01 towards the total iPad cost. On the other hand, you can get government grants for free iPads available for low-income families, especially those with students (minors or adults) or disabled persons.
Qualifications And Applications For Free iPad
Every entity offering a free iPad features its eligibility requirements and application processes. In this section, you will get more details on how to qualify and apply for a free iPad through the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP).
Thus, a household is eligible to apply for a free iPad and receive an ACP discount if a member attains one of the below requirements:
- A low-income household with an annual income that is at or less than 200% of the federal poverty level;
- A recipient of benefits from government programs such as:
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)/CalFresh
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Pension Benefit, WIC, or Lifeline;
- An approved recipient of benefits via the school breakfast program, or the free and reduced-price school lunch program; or
- A recipient of a Federal Pell Grant during the ongoing award year.
You can submit your application for a free iPad for low-income households directly at acpbenefit.org. Alternatively, you can apply through a participating wireless provider. To get started, proceed to https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-providers, tap on your state of residence, and pick a provider with a ‘tick’ under ‘Offering Connected Devices.’After selecting a suitable provider, proceed to its website and begin the application process.
Documentations For Getting Free iPad
When applying for a free iPad from the government program, you must prove your income level meets the Federal Poverty line or submit a letter proving you participate in a government-supported program. Besides, as requested, you may have to prove your identity and address, among other crucial information.
Below are some of the documents you can attach:
- Proof of Program Participation
- Recent or previous year’s statement of benefits from an eligible federal, state, or Tribal program
- Another official document proving the consumer’s participation in an eligible federal, state, or Tribal Program
- Notice letter of participation in an eligible federal, state, or Tribal Program
- Program participation documents
- Proof of Income
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Federal or Tribal participation notice letter in General Assistance
- Recent income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Or another official document with income information
- Proof of Identification
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. government, state, military, or Tribal issued-ID
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- U.S. Driver License
- Or another official document featuring your full legal name and date of birth
Which iPad Eligible Low Income Household Will Get
Apple iPad Air 2, Apple iPad Pro, Apple iPad mini
Eligible low-income families can get a free iPad if they apply for ACP through the participating wireless providers. One iPad you can get is the iPad Air 2, which is technically Apple’s sixth-generation iPad. With an all-new design and features, the tablet operates on iOS 8 and is powered by Apple’s A8X chip. Besides, it has valuable Accessibility features to help people with disabilities and packs a higher-resolution 8-megapixel camera. You can get this device from Airtalk Wireless. To apply, go to https://airtalkwireless.com/, and proceed to Apply Now marked section.
- 9.7″ LED-backlit IPS LCD touchscreen
- 2 G.B. of RAM
- 16/64/128 G.B. of inbuilt storage options
- 8MP auto-focus camera, 1080p video recording at 30fps
- 1.2MP 720p front camera with a larger f/2.2 aperture
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Dedicated secondary noise reduction microphone for FaceTime calls
- TouchID fingerprint sensor
Are There Any Other Ways To Get a Free iPad For Low Income Household
Apart from the free iPad from the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), the other method you use is government grants. These are financial aids by the federal, state, or local government. In this case, the government, through qualifying organizations, funds specific projects that help a cause or group of people. You can apply and get a free iPad from a grant-funded organization.
Eligible low-income people can get free iPads with available grants. The applicant must confirm the program’s enrollment requirements and get a free iPad from these grant programs. If you match the eligibility requirements, you can apply. Belo is several grants you can consider to get a free iPad if you are from a needy family:
- Modest Need Grant
- Daniela’s Wish
- The Puzzling Piece iPad Challenge
- Danny’s Wish
- Special Kids Therapy
- United Healthcare Children’s Foundation
- Fund it Forward
Thanks to a government-aided program and other stakeholders, eligible low-income customers can enjoy having a vital and expensive device like an iPad. Eligible low-income consumers can enroll in the ACP if they meet the income-based and program participation eligibility criteria and get a free iPad. You can get a free iPad for low-income families through a participating provider in your state that offers connected devices. Some charitable organizations and grants programs also avail free iPad to needy people in America.