In today’s modern age, it is difficult to imagine not having a computer and the internet. Many low-income households struggle to make ends meet and cannot afford a computer. With a computer and internet connection, it is simple to be knowledgeable about events across the world. A computer with internet connectivity may assist you do a variety of tasks, including online classes, doing business, applying for jobs, participating in online training, shopping online, etc.
Before proceeding to the process of getting a free computer with EBT through SNAP, it is essential to know is it possible to get a free computer. Free computers are offered by some programs together with the SNAP (formerly food stamp). Each month, SNAP recipients receive financial into their EBT cards, allowing them to purchase food at supermarkets and convenience stores. You must be a SNAP participant to receive a free computer.
Another significant government program that qualifies you for a free computer is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Several organizations also consider the eligibility of free computer through EBT. Go through the entire article intending to learn more details on the free computer with EBT.
Procedure to get a free computer with EBT
For getting a free computer with EBT, you have to first enlist in the SNAP program (formerly food stamp) and after that, make application for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
If you already participate in the SNAP program, you can apply for the ACP program without going through the qualifying process. You should follow the necessary steps below to obtain a free computer with EBT.
- First, ensure you’re qualified for the SNAP program (formerly food stamp). For your convenience, you can look at a glance for qualification criteria in the next portion.
- Submit the proper documents which can prove your qualification for EBT through SNAP program.
- Next, make an application for the SNAP program.
- You can start the application for the Affordable Connectivity Program once you have been enlisted into the SNAP program. As long as you participate in the SNAP program, you are automatically eligible for ACP, so you don’t need to worry about the eligibility requirements.
- To apply for the ACP program, you must provide the necessary documentation to confirm your eligibility for the SNAP program.
- Now, look for an ACP provider offering free computers with SNAP program in your residing area and apply for its program.
The Qualification Process for EBT Computer For Free
Qualification criteria by which you can qualify for a free computer with EBT are discussed below step by step for your convenience. These criteria are different depending on the beneficiary that will apply.
- Participants who work for minimum of 30-80 hours per week are eligible for EBT. People who are students, disabled, caregivers of children below 6 & incapable and in drug rehabilitation have to work for 30 hours per week. Able adults aged 18 to 49 years that aren’t pregnant and don’t depend on people under 18 years in the family must work, volunteer, join workfare or workforce training for at least 80 hours per month.
- To be eligible, you or your household have to ensure that the gross monthly income isn’t more than 135% of the federal poverty guidelines as given in the guidelines.
- Households have to have at least $2000 in their bank accounts. Households might have $3500 in countable resources if there is minimum one person who is 60 years or older and disabled. This criteria can vary in some states.
- Your housing will be considered as an affordable one when the monthly cost is 30% or less of your total household income.
- If you’re a legal immigrant who has been living in the United States for 5 years or more and is getting assistance of disability-related or benefits, you can be eligible.
- You can also be qualified if you have previously participated in any other government aid programs like SNAP or Lifeline.
- Students who belong to low-income family can be eligible for EBT.
Documents required for a free computer with EBT
Applying with the proper documents can help you easily qualify for receiving a free computer with EBT through SNAP. Here, we included a list of acceptable documents that must be presented to qualify for a free computer through EBT.
- U.S. Passport
- Driver’s license
- ID from the United States government, state or military
- Birth certificate or citizenship certificate or permanent resident card or social security card
- Participation proof in other government aid programs
- Naturalization certificate
- Income proof
- Permanent Resident Alien Card
How can you apply for free computer with EBT
The application procedure for free computer with EBT is very significant. You must be careful to prevent any mistakes while making the application. Your chances of being accepted for the program will increase if your application is entirely error-free. For instructions on how to apply for free computer, see below.
- First, visit the website of National Verifier and accomplish the verification procedure to check whether you qualify for the program.
- Visit the official SNAP website after receiving confirmation of your eligibility and then click on the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) program.
- Next, provide all the required details for your application, such as name, full address, state, cell phone number, zip code etc and submit your application.
- Finally, attach a copy of all your needed documents and click on ‘submit’.
Organizations that offers free computer with EBT
All providers of ACP program, which provide a free computer with EBT, automatically qualify you for ACP by participating in the SNAP program (formerly Food Stamp). The list of all ACP providers by state is available on the webpage. We have provided a list of some organizations where you can receive a free computer with EBT.
- PCs for People
- Computers with Causes
- The On IT Foundation
- Human IT
- National Cristina Foundation
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
Which computer can you get through EBT
Most free computer providers conceal the model of computer as the offer depends on its availability and your location. Since the providers don’t have so much funds, you shouldn’t expect to get pricey computer models with advanced features. According to user feedback, you can receive one of the devices listed below.
- Google Chromebook
- Dell Computer
- Lenovo Computer
Since there are so many ways to get a computer, you might get one if you don’t have one. When you are eligible for EBT through SNAP, there are ACP program and certain organizations give away free computers. But you must ensure that these organizations provide free computers currently. Most of the time, the organizations may have restrictions due to a funding issue. So it is crucial to visit the appropriate organization, check their current program and get started with correct information.