Gen Mobile offers wireless service as a mobile virtual network operator(MVNO)using two of America’s most extensive networks, including AT&T and Tmobile. The provider is a critical participant in the new Affordable Connectivity Program that offers broadband payment assistance to eligible low-income households.ACP is a government-supported program that collaborates with wireless carriers, such as Gen Mobile, to offer a discount on free devices and broadband services. You can receive a Gen Mobile free tablet if you meet the eligibility requirements set by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC).
The eligible households qualify for a free tablet from Gen Mobile based on income level or other factors, including participation in a government-supported program. Each application receives a one-time subsidy on an eligible device, including a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Depending on availability, you can also receive a smartphone as part of the ACP offer from Gen Mobile. To start the application, proceed to the Gen Mobile website, submit your Zip code, and tap the Apply Now button.
The information on whether Gen Mobile offers a free tablet to ACP-qualifying customers is unclear. However, you might get a free smartphone and, to some extent, receive a free tablet if available at the time of application. Before applying for a Gen Mobile free tablet, you must check eligibility and prepare documents that prove eligibility based on income or program participation. If you qualify through the Federal Affordable Connectivity Program, you can receive unlimited text, talk, and 7 GB of data on a free smartphone/tablet from Gen Mobile.
The Genuine Way To Get Gen Mobile Free Tablet
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is the only way an eligible low-income person can apply for and receive a Gen Mobile free tablet. The FCC recently launched this program that provides a monthly broadband discount of up to $30 towards internet service for qualifying low-income households. Besides, you can receive a monthly benefit of up to $75 for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
Interestingly, eligible low-income Gen Mobile customers can also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to buy a tablet, a laptop, desktop computer from the participating providers. In this case, you must contribute more than $10 and less than $50 on the purchase price to qualify for a free tablet discount on Gen Mobile. Notably, the ACP free tablet benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and a single device discount in each household.
Services Offered with Gen Mobile ACP Program
Apart from the free tablet offer from Gen Mobile, you can enroll for the $30 ACP discount and get free mobile service if you select the unlimited text, talk, and 7GB LTE data plan for cell phones or the 7GB LTE data plan for connected devices.
Alternatively, enroll the $30 ACP discount to a different cell phone or connected device plan and settle the difference between the discount and the plan cost if the plan you pick is more expensive. Besides, qualifying new customers will get a Gen Mobile SIM card in the mail.
Eligible existing customers can get their discount applied to their Gen Mobile plan, or if the customer wants a new phone number/account, a Gen Mobile SIM card will get mailed to their address.
The 7 GB ACP plan may feature the following:
- Unlimited nationwide calling in the US.
- Unlimited nationwide text
- High-speed 5G/4G LTE data
Eligibility For Gen Mobile Free Tablet
New and current Gen Mobile customers can receive a free tablet if they are eligible to enroll in the ACP program. A household member qualifies for a free Gen Mobile tablet by meeting at least any of the below criteria:
- Annual household income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- A participant in specific assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- A participant in Tribal specific programs, including tribal TANF, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- A recipient of benefits under the school breakfast program or the free and reduced-price school lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2021-2022,2020-2021, or 2019-2020 school year; or
- A recipient of a Federal Pell Grant during the ongoing award year
Proper Ways To Apply For a Gen Mobile Free Tablet
New and current Gen Mobile customers who are ACP-eligible and able to prove it can enroll by following these simple instructions:
- Proceed to acp.genmobile.com/Enrollment/GM/en/Web/www/gen/index.html#!/newHome.
- Submit your ZIP code in the offered search box and tap ‘Start.’
- If Gen Mobile provides its ACP discount in your area, you will be redirected to the company’s online application form.
- Complete the application form by offering all the personal information, eligibility information, address, and proof documentation.
- During the application process, you will also be needed to select a plan and device option.
- Finally, review and apply.
- If your application receives approved, you will get notified through an email by the company.
Most importantly, you can check the status of your free Gen tablet application on the website by navigating to the “My Benefits Status” button at the top of the Gen Mobile homepage and following instructions to sign in using your enrollment number. If you have any queries, you can call Gen Mobile(855-496-4227) or the FCC at Consumer Complaint Center 877-384-2575.
Eligibility Proof When Applying For Gen Mobile Free Tablet
One of the most important things when applying for a Gen Mobile free tablet is to prove your ACP eligibility during the free Gen Mobile tablet program application. To prove your free tablet eligibility, you must submit a copy of a valid official document that shows that you attain an ACP eligibility requirement on low income and participation in a government-aided program.
Based on your eligibility criteria, you will be required to provide documentation, including an official document that features your full name and income proof for showing your annual household income, including:
- Paycheck stub
- Current income statement from your employer
- Prior year’s federal, state, or Tribal tax return
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits, divorce decree, or child support award.
Suppose you qualify for a Gen Mobile free tablet based on Program participation. In that case, you should submit an official document with your full name, the program’s name (or the award), the institution name that provided the document, and a provision date within the last 12 months or forthcoming expiration date. The documents required include:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- School documentation
Gen Mobile is a proud participant of the Affordable Connectivity Program, an initiative by the US Federal government. Eligible low-income customers receive a Gen Mobile free tablet if they qualify for this program. The eligibility for the ACP depends on your annual income as per the Federal Poverty Guidelines or program participation qualifying criteria. When applying for a free tablet through Gen Mobile, you must provide documentation proof during the application process.