The Best Guidelines To Get SafeLink Free Tablet

SafeLink Wireless is a LifeLine-supported government company that offers free phones and cellular plans for low-income households. Only eligible consumers can enroll in LifeLine. The service is non-transferable, and a single household can only get one service. A household refers to a group of people living together under one address. The people may be related or unrelated. You will learn how you can get a Safelink free tablet shortly.

A tablet is a crucial device in modern-day life that allows you to do various activities. You can use the device to access information online, communicate with others on social media, and create documents using office tools. Some tablets allow you to make calls and send texts since they support SIM cards. With such a device, you may not need a smartphone whatsoever. The only disadvantage of a tablet is that it may not fit better in your pockets. 

To get a free tablet, you must participate in the Affordable Connectivity program, usually abbreviated as ACP. The program is usually similar to Lifeline. The only difference is that Lifeline deals with free phones, minutes, and texts. In contrast, the Affordable Connectivity Program deals with tablets and discounted broadband. However, some providers usually combine Lifeline and ACP to offer more detailed plans. Remember, you can benefit from both Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program. 

Safelink does not offer free tablets. However, other companies, such as Q Link, Safelink, and Cintex, can offer free tablets. Safelink, however, offers ACP broadband benefits. You must qualify for the Affordable Connectivity program to get a free tablet. We have various ways to qualify for ACP to get a free tablet. First, you can qualify for the program through income. Your household income should be 200% or below the Federal Poverty Guideline.  

Additionally, you can qualify for ACP through specific government benefits programs. They include the following. 

  1. Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program
  2. SNAP
  3. Public Housing 
  4. Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
  5. Medicaid
  6. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  7. School Breakfast Program
  8. Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
  9. Lifeline
  10. Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811
  11. WIC

If you reside in the Tribal Lands, you can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program through the above benefit programs and get a free tablet. You can also qualify through Tribal Assistance Programs such as;

  1. Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance 
  2. Tribal Head Start (income based)
  3. Affordable Housing Programs for Alaska Natives, American Indians, or Native Hawaiians
  4. Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
  5. Tribal TANF

Lastly, you can qualify for ACP if you meet the eligibility criteria for a participating ACP service provider’s existing low-income internet program or receive a Federal Pell Grant within the current award year. To proceed, you must check your eligibility at the National Verifier portal by entering details about yourself, such as your Social Security Number, address, ID, and so on.

Other than qualifying through the above programs, you must have various documents to prove that you qualify. If you qualify through an assistance program, you can produce the following.

  1. Benefit award letter
  2. Benefit verification letter
  3. School documentation
  4. Approval letter
  5. Statement of benefits

For income, you can produce any of the various documents, which include;

  1. Prior year’s state, Tribal, or federal tax return
  2. A Social Security statement of benefits
  3. Income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
  4. Veterans Administration statement of benefits
  5. Unemployment/Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
  6. A retirement/pension statement of benefits
  7. Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar document showing your income

Additionally, you can produce court documents or a certificate of emancipation if you participate through an Emancipated Minor. Apart from the above, you should submit Identity Verification and address documents during your application process. Identity verification documents include;

  1. A valid government, state military, or Tribal ID
  2. U.S. Driver’s license
  3. Birth Certificate
  4. Passport
  5. Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
  6. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
  7. Government assistance program document
  8. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document

To prove your address, you should provide any of the following documents.

  1. Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID
  2. Mortgage or lease statement
  3. Utility bill
  4. Most recent W-2 or tax return

Remember that you can prove your address using an online application by using the online mapping tool in the application so that USAC can find your address. Also, when sending mail-in documentation, you should send a map that indicates your physical address or location, with latitude and longitude coordinates (coordinates are necessary if you live on Tribal lands).

To get a free tablet, you must apply for ACP, and once approved, you can apply for a free tablet. There are various ways you can apply for the ACP program. They include the following.

  1. Online through the FCC application page whereby you pass through the National Verifier portal and enter details such as your name, identity verification, date of birth, and home address. 
  2. Mail application whereby you download the application form, then fill out the necessary details. After that, you can attach the required documents and send them to the following address. 
  • ACP Support Center
  • PO Box 7081
  • London, KY 40742

3. Apply online at the service provider’s application website. Specific service providers allow you to apply for the benefit on their websites. However, you must pass through the National Verifier to proceed. You then submit your details and documents on the provider’s ACP application page and await approval. Once approved, you can get a discounted tablet and broadband service. You should pay at least $10 towards the tablet’s purchase price. 

Since Safelink does not offer free ACP tablets, you can get a tablet through another service provider. The best way to get a safelink free tablet through another service provider is by transferring the ACP benefits from the other provider to Safelink. Usually, you are free to shift from one provider to the other to ensure that your demands are met. 

If you have a Q Link, Life Wireless, or Cintex free tablet, you will not get another one when you move to Safelink. You will continue getting your monthly data from Safelink and use it with your Safelink tablet. 

However, since each is independent, you cannot use another provider to apply for ACP service through Safelink.  

Bottom line 

SafeLink Wireless is a LifeLine-supported company that offers free phones and cellular plans for low-income households. Only eligible consumers can enroll in LifeLine. Safelink also allows you to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. However, it does not offer free ACP tablets, although you can get them from other providers. When applying for the ACP program, you can request a free tablet and pay the minimum amount.