Metro PCS operates as an (MVNO) mobile virtual network operator on the T-Mobile network to offer text, data, and talk services. Besides, TMobile is America’s largest 5G network, plus the 4G LTE network coverage connects 99% of Americans. To enjoy excellent coverage and services, you must have a Metro Pcs compatible phones. However, you can use the phone’s IMEI number to see if your device is unlocked and compatible with Metropcs services.
MetroPCS runs on T-Mobile’s GSM network. Thus, your cell phone will most likely be compatible if you have a T-Mobile or AT&T device, which both operate on GSM networks. Using an IMEI is the easiest and most convenient way to check compatibility with the MetroPcs network and confirm if a device is locked or unlocked. If your cell phone is carrier locked, you must get it unlocked by contacting the original carrier.
Most importantly, if you opt to bring your own phone, check if it is compatible with the MetroPcs network and if it’s unlocked. Then, you can purchase a Metropcs SIM card and choose a cell phone plan to get started. Using your own phone with MetroPcs is fast, simple, and economical. Additionally, you can port your current phone number to MetroPcs, but check eligibility before initiating the number transfer process.
Best Ways To Get Metro Pcs Compatible Phones For Free
The US Federal government has partnered with wireless providers like MetroPCS to offer eligible customers free cell phones. The best way you can receive such a device is by participating in Federal Programs like the Affordable Connectivity Program. To be eligible for ACP, you must prove eligibility, apply and provide the required documentation for a smooth application process for a free MetroPcs compatible phone.
Qualifications for Mteropcs compatible phones
Applicants applying for a free phone from MetroPcs must qualify based on program participation and income level. A household is eligible if at least a household member meets any of the criteria below:
- A household’s annual gross income of or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- A participant in specific assistance programs, including Medicaid, SNAP, Federal Public Housing Assistance, WIC, SSI, or Lifeline;
- A participant in Tribal specific programs, including the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations and Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, or Tribal TANF.
- An approved recipient of benefits under the school breakfast program OR the free and reduced-price school lunch program, including via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- A recipient of the Federal Pell Grant during the ongoing award year; or
- Attainment of the eligibility criteria for a participating wireless provider’s existing low-income program.
Applications For free phone from MetroPcs
- To apply for a MetroPcs free phone, you should:
- Go to ACPbenefit.org to check your eligibility, fill out the application form and obtain your approval from the National Verifier. After confirming your eligibility, apply for your benefits. The National Verifier will approve or deny your application, and if approved, you’ll get an ID number, a process that can take up to two days.
- Proceed to My Account on metrobyt-mobile.com and complete the application form for the ACP benefit using the ID number provided by the National Verifier or stop by your nearby MetroPcs store.
- You will receive a text message confirming whether you successfully enrolled in ACP with MetroPcs.
List Of Phones That Metropcs Offer For Free
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
- Moto G 5G
- Moto G Stylus
- REVVL V+5G
- REVVL 4+
- TCL 30 XE 5G
- Nokia G400 5
- OnePlus Nord N20 5G
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 14
- Apple iPhone 14 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone SE (3rd Generation)
- Apple iPhone X
- Apple iPhone XR
- Apple iPhone XS Max
Can I Bring an Existing Number to MetroPCS
You can bring your existing number from your current carrier, or you can decide to get a new MetroPcs number. If you are porting your existing number, ensure you have your account number and PIN number at hand. You’ll need that information during the activation process. Most phone numbers can get transferred to Metropcs, but confirm the transfer eligibility of your existing number before switching to MetroPcs.
After getting your new MetroPcs SIM, contact customer support at 888-863-8768 or walk into a nearby store to complete the transfer process. To get started, you’ll require the following information:
- Current wireless company’s name
- Current wireless account number
- Current account PIN
- Existing phone number
Before transferring your number to MetroPCS, you can back up your contacts and other crucial information. Also, cancel your previous wireless service once you get a confirmation text message from MetroPcs that the number transfer is complete.
Metropcs Compatibility Checker
The IMEI number is the most accurate way to check compatibility with the MetroPcs network and determine if a mobile device is locked or unlocked. First, you’ll need to locate your IMEI number by below tricks:
- Dial *#06#* on your phone
- Search at the label below your battery
- Check on your mobile phone’s settings menu
IMEI number represents a 15 digits number that uniquely identifies every device. After getting your IMEI, proceed to metrobyt-mobile.com, submit it in the provided space, and wait for the result of your compatibility status.
Metropcs Bring Your Own Phone Program
Bring Your Own Phone is abbreviated as BYOP. In other words, BYOP means you can enjoy Metro PCS service on your current cell phone, provided it’s compatible with the carrier’s BYOP program. For MetroPCS BYOP (bring your own phone), you’ll want to purchase a phone compatible with the T-Mobile network. If you are joining MetroPcs using your current phone, you must ensure that your cell phone is compatible and unlocked.
Follow the below steps to get started:
- Contact your current carrier to ensure your phone is unlocked. Then, confirm your phone compatibility with MetroPcs.
- Once you confirm that your phone is unlocked and verified as MetroPcs compatible, you can buy a Metro SIM card.
- After obtaining your SIM card, activate it online and select a suitable plan.
MetroPCS allows cell phones from other carriers to use its wireless services. To confirm if a device works with MetroPcs, use the IMEI number to see if it’s unlocked and compatible with the MetroPcs network. After confirming that your cell phone is compatible and unlocked, you can purchase a MetroPcs Simcard and a cell phone plan, and you will be good to go.